Saturday, December 14, 2013

Why Ezra Klein is wrong, and Paul Krugman is right

Readers, this weekend, I'm blogging at the Washington Monthly. Among my posts there today is this one, in which I briefly make the case as to why economic inequality as, in President Obama's words, "the defining issue of our time." Ezra Klein has been arguing that economic inequality isn't all that important. Paul Krugman begs to differ, and so do I. Check it out. And while you're at it, have a look at Brad DeLong'sDean Baker's, Jared Bernstein's, and Steve Randy Waldman's responses as well.

3 comments:

  1. Probably OT, but I recommend the documentary "The House I Live In" even if you are not normally interested in War on Drugs prohibition. The film does much to connect economic inequality with national drug policy and, some hyperbole aside, succeeds in presenting some compelling links between the two.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125653/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, jhm. I will try to check it out.

    ReplyDelete